Karate for 55+
Our Karate for 55+ program is designed for men and women over the age of 55. Karate offers many benefits to adults of all ages and this program is designed to help mature adults take advantage of all of them, including:
- Improve concentration
- Increase overall energy levels and enhanced abilities in other activities
- Improve balance, flexibility, strength, coordination
- Increased anaerobic efficiency
- Learn self-defense skills
- Meet other active adults
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Increased stamina
- Firm and tone your body
The program is unique from our regular Adult Karate Program in these ways:
- Emphasis on gentle movement
- Training without sparring
- Greater focus on kata (choreographed forms that improve focus and concentration)
The 55+ Karate program includes:
- Stretching, warm-up and cool-down
- Individual progression: move at your own pace
- Progress to Black Belt and beyond if you choose
- Train with like-minded people
- Access to all Fitness classes
Benefits of our Karate for 55+ Program:
- Karate allows people to work at their own pace, so there is never pressure to keep up.
- Karate is a low impact activity that works every muscle and bone in the body.
- Karate trains both mind and body.
- Karate offers a journey for all participants to embark on. We have students in their 70’s who have achieved their Black Belt.
- There is always reason for every person to learn self-defense skills to keep them safe.