Master Sensei Peter Douvris
Master Sensei Peter Douvris is a beloved mentor and co-founder of DOUVRIS.
Master Peter’s enthusiasm for sport began at a young age. As a competitive soccer player and swimmer, he embraces the role fitness and competition play in our lives. His martial arts training began with judo in 1972.
His enthusiasm for karate, fitness, and building leadership skills in student of all ages makes him an integral member of the karate community. He is a chief karate and cardio kickboxing Instructor for DOUVRIS, which he co-founded in 1984 with his brother, John Douvris.
Master Peter is a highly-decorated karate champion and advocate of the sport. His accomplishments include:
- Co-host of IAKSA World Championships, 1995
- Canadian Vice President of World Karate Association (WKA) Ontario, 1999
- Canadian National Karate Team Coach, 1998-present
- Vice President of the World Karate & Kickboxing Commission (WKC)
- Co-organizer of Kicks for Hearts Cardio-A-Thon Annual Fundraiser for Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2013-present
Master Peter Douvris holds a 7th-degree Black Belt from the WKC and a 1st-degree Black Belt from the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF).
In addition to co-organizing the Heart and Stroke Foundation Kicks for Hearts Cardio-A-Thon Annual Fundraiser, Master Peter is an active participant in fundraising efforts for community and charitable organizations such as the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Multiple Sclerosis Society, and the Ottawa chapter of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada. He has raised over $60,000 for these charities.
Visit DOUVRIS to discover why students look to Master Peter for training and leadership.